Tuesday 14 October 2014

Blogger Of The Week: Boldly Gold


Hello!
It's time for another 'Blogger Of The Week' interview.

Every week we will be interviewing some of our favourite Edinburgh loving bloggers and giving you guys the chance to hear all about their passion!

This week we got to the interview the very talented Amy from Boldly Gold 


 Amy is DIY loving blogger who is currently based in Glasgow, but is originally from just outside of Edinburgh. From sewing to baking to awesome nail art. She has you covered on all things crafty.


What inspired you to start blogging?

I don’t know if I would say I was inspired to start, it was more out of necessity! I moved to Glasgow in July 2012 with my boyfriend because of work. I didn’t really know anyone in the city so in my spare time I would fiddle around with crafts and got really into it! I think I’ve had about 6 random blogs over the years, littering the internet, so there was always something in me that wanted to share what I was doing, and Boldly Gold was a natural progression of that. Thankfully this one has stuck it out!

Where do you get the inspiration for your posts?

Without a doubt I’m inspired by other craft bloggers. The minute I see someone creating something wonderful my brain goes into overdrive thinking about my next project!


What post are you most proud of?

Definitely the clothes I’ve made so far. I’m still astounded that they are even wearable! 

What's the biggest tip you would give to someone starting out?

Don’t underestimate the importance of photos, especially when you’re showing something handmade! You don’t need a fancy camera to take brilliant blog photos but good lighting really helps. Taking photos in natural daylight makes all the difference and don’t be afraid to put them through an editing program. Pic Monkey is a great, free website that has lots of editing tools available and it’s really easy to use.


What do you do when you are not working on your blog?

I’m going steady with my Netflix account.

Can you recommend any blogs to check out?

The world of blogging is so diverse now that there is something for everyone! Some of my favourites creative ones are Dolly Clackett, Iheart Organising, and Live Love DIY.


What do you love most about Edinburgh?

I think Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in the world! My favourite thing though is that it’s steeped in history. Is there another city in the world that can boast as many famous inventors and murderers in equal measures? Where else can you enjoy a drink above a tomb of plague victims? Gruesome but glorious.



Make sure you check out Amy's wonderful blog over at:


and stay tuned our next blogger of the week interview!

X


No comments:

Post a Comment