Sunday 14 February 2016

Blogger of the Month - Love From Scotland


Our first 2016 Blogger of the Month is the lovely Kate (Smidge) from Love From Scotland, a Scottish travel blog based right here in Edinburgh. 

Tell us a little about your blog?

Love from Scotland is a personal travel blog about living in Scotland, as simple as that! I write about things to do in my adopted home city of Edinburgh and the best travel experiences Scotland has to offer. My favourite thing to do is to go on an adventure!  I like nothing more than planning a trip, pulling on my hiking boots, packing up the tent and my camera and heading out into the world. My blog is about my life and I love writing about it.

What do you love most about blogging?

Apart from writing, photography and going on trips, I love the blogging community. I’ve been blogging in various guises for over 10 years and along the way I’ve made some brilliant friends. I also love keeping up with people’s lives through their blogs, it is why I really hope that personal blogging is here to stay.

What do you do when you're not blogging?

I work in the Built Environment field; I love midcentury modern architecture, learning about how places work, dealing with climate change and how we plan for urban and rural life. However, because I work in a city I often find myself craving the countryside, as you can imagine many of my city-break trips end up as a busman's holiday!

What do you love most about Edinburgh?

I’m a country girl at heart; having moved from a tiny village in Cheshire aged 18.  Edinburgh, for me is the perfect size for a city, it is not a cliché that you really do live in a village here. I also don’t mind the small ‘degree of separation’ you get here, it makes it feel more like home. I also love that Edinburgh is surrounded by fantastic countryside, which you can reach quickly and without the need for a car.

What are your 3 favourite blog posts (from your own blog)?

  • One of my first dates with my husband was to East Lothian and this post about Seacliff Beach always makes me smile.
  • The trip that kicked off my obsession with Scotland was to Mhor 84 and the Trossachs. Perthshire is so beautiful.
  • I loved planning our drive around the North Coast 500 and everyone’s passion about Scotland. 

What advise would you give to a new blogger?


Find your niche. I started off as a travel blogger, started and abandoned a personal blog and 10 years later have come full circle back to what I really enjoy writing about. Focus on what you enjoy doing rather than the blog itself, content will quickly follow!

Is there anything else you want to tell us?

Every month I do a round-up of the best Scottish blog posts around the internet, the Scottish blogging community is diverse, and our talents in photography, writing and our ‘get up and go’ needs to be celebrated more! If you have a post you’d like to be included, give me a shout. 

Where to Find Smidge (Kate)

Facebook - Smidge Blog
Twitter - @_smidge
Instagram - @_smidge
Pinterest - @smidgeblog 
Bloglovin - Love From Scotland

Make sure you go and check out Smidge's blog and follow her on Social Media. We will be picking a new blogger to feature every month. Bloggers of the Month will get a feature post like this one, a side bar advert for your blog and links via our social media throughout the month.

For your chance to be our next blogger of the month, make sure your signed up to our blog list. You can get on the list by filling in the form here.

No comments:

Post a Comment