Friday 12 February 2016

Holly Blue Salon


Last Thursday evening, I was invited along to Holly Blue Beauty Salon's bring a friend event. Holly Blue Beauty is a nail & beauty salon in Morningside which specializes in manicures (especially nail art) and HD Brow treatments. I was lucky enough to have been in earlier in the week to test out their HD Brows treatment, and can honestly tell you they know what they're doing at Holly Blue Beauty. You can read my review of my treatment over on my blog - Tartan Brunette (sorry about the shocking before pictures). To have a look at some of the nail designs the team have done, check out their Facebook page.



As with most events, the evening started with a glass of wine and canapes and a look around the beautiful salon. A few other Edinburgh Bloggers were also there, so it was a good chance for a catch up. Staff were offering hand massages, which were very popular. Unfortunately trying to carry a drink, camera and eating canapes is hard enough without freshly moisturised hands, so I gave the massage a miss. Although I have it on good authority they were very relaxing and hands were left feeling super soft.




Through in the treatment room, they were doing HD Brows demos. Everyone was keen to have their brows filled in by a professional and there were plenty of #browsonfleek that night! The chat then turned to all our past brow mistakes, from over plucking to let our friends do them before a night out. It's comforting in a way to know me and my friends weren't the only ones. Ladies never trust anyone with tweezers after a couple of vodkas - its never going to end well. Luckily we now know better and leave it to the professionals. 


Jen

1 comment: